The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Really I'm Working This Week
    Thursday, January 25, 2007
    I really am quite busy this week. I just got back from our west coast client trip and have a great deal to do regarding getting the new company up and running on the project. I am still going to interview with the other company but that is next week. Since i had some time to kill in airports and while in flight, i decided to go through a collection of thoughts from my trip overseas last Jul-to-Aug to the HQ-land and to our other production office country. while I was there I started writing about all of my travels last summer crossing the US many times and overseas 3 times. Most of this travel was for work but two other trips were for weddings.
    Anyway, i was going over some of the daily entries and since i don't have much time to write today and tomorrow I'm just going to post some of those entries to help describe what working for this place is like, when i was really TRYING to work and get things done.

    Hope you like 'em:

    Aug 8th 2006 (Day 14)

    What a day. Today started last night at 2 am while calling back to the home office to have a quick conference with the folks there. Then I called a client to find out if they’re going to sue us for screwing up their project. Not a great call but it’s to be expected due to the bullshit these dumb-asses (my company) have been subjecting them to and, quite frankly, me. The only reason they have not gone through legal yet is because I have a personal relationship with some of the people in that office and they would like to see me finish up this project and get the credit I deserve, at least that’s what I’ve been told from those friends. After that call to the client I called my office back to inform them of what is needed to, hopefully get back on track with this. I had to make all of these plans and calls after the stupid laptop I brought with me on this trip crashed; well…honestly, that was my entire fault due to my changing the administrator access and name. Doing so completely reset all programs including my Outlook e-mail and I am still in the process of recovering all the mail from the exchange server. Now, during that process, I have to reconfigure the mail rules I had set up as well as all the folders that those rules were set for. What a fucking cluster fuck I created for myself on top of all this other bullshit I have to deal with. So, I had to hand write notes about all of the calls, plans, and e-mails that i had to follow up with once i got the computer back online and reconfigured. Then piled onto that, I don’t even get to sleep in my own bed. All I wanted to do last night was go home (to the shitty hotel) and read over some online tutorials, learn some new programs on this stupid Mac and go to bed. But, that won’t happen until I finish recovering all of this shit. So now I’m sitting in a Starbuck’s in *the production office country* writing yet another blog. I finally got up the nerve to walk over here after work, during daylight hours, so that I could get the address written down *in this language* so I can now show it to the cab drivers to take me here in the morning. This took about 20 minutes of hand signals, charades, and physically going behind the counter just to get a pen to get them to write down the address of the place. I thought I was going to get beat down for going behind the counter but caffeine is a dangerous drug and I need it. (that's really a whole other story) I hate being so confined that I can only go to the places I have addresses for written down on paper.

    Tonight I will do some exploring. Once I leave Shitbucks, I’m going over to the little mall I can see from my hotel window. I swear, it’s like being around 10 to 12 years old and your parents take you on vacation but won’t let you play with the older kids on the beach at night – you can hear them having whatever kind of fun they’re having, but you just can’t go out to play with them because “Your too young” or “you have a bedtime”. That’s how I feel in my hotel on the 18th floor in this far-from-home-and-I-can’t-speak-the-language country, I can see shit loads of places I want to go but have been told not to walk around at night because it might be too dangerous. And I don’t know how to talk to the cab drivers to say “just take me somewhere for a cheap drink” which I have done in quite a few US cities before. And even though I have no problem walking around my home city late at night, I know where I can walk, I know what areas not to go into, you know? Here, shit is kinda crazy and I’m not really in the “touristy” parts of town and being the lonely white rich guy (everyone from the US is rich as far as they’re all concerned) walking around these parts of *this different country* is – maybe - not the smartest idea.


    Aug 10th - Day 16


    Well fuck that, I went for a walk…at night! It was ok. I did notice A LOT of people staring at me like I was painted green. Really, people just stopped what they were doing to watch me walk by. Like I said I am the only white guy in this part of town and it’s not the tourist section of the city. It was strange. But it was nighttime and I got to the hotel ok. Even though I got over that hurdle, of walking at night, I still feel kinda confined to my own little area. I need to find some kind of nightlife here. I keep hearing about “the expatriate bar district” and promised my self I’d go before I left. It’s supposed to be a great bar and nightlife area with a lot of foreigners from Europe and the US. We shall see. This trip is not over yet…by far.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 6:07 PM  
    Blink It
    5 Comments:
    • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular model. The prices for the shoes were approximately 190 bucks on every page. But definitively I set this locate selling them for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?

       
    • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hello. And Bye.

       
    • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that particular model. The prices as regards the velcros were about 200 bucks everwhere. But definitively I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

       
    • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      hello friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that particular model. The prices seeking the velcros were around 170 dollars on every page. But definitively I base this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

       
    • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      good evening friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were around 240 bucks everwhere. But for all I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you tell me about these?

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com