The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • How Cold Is It In My Office?
    Wednesday, January 17, 2007
    Well let’s just say that I am still freezing my ass off and my fingers are a little blue. I just got back from lunch and had purchased a large pastrami sub from "ToGo's" (chain sandwich shop like SubWay, i think it's better than SubWay but I digress). I'm reading an e-mail and eating when I look down at the paper wrapping the sandwich came in, that I'm using as a placemat, and noticed something, shall we say, a little unordinary. Now, pastrami is not the healthiest thing you can have but it is served hot and occasionally it can be a little greasy. Normally when I order this meal for lunch I notice small little "pools" of grease that have accumulated on the paper wrapper which is a result of the grease dripping off of the bread. So, to give you an idea of how cold it is in this office I have taken some pictures of the greasy stalagmite and stalactite formations that have formed on the paper wrapping and on the sandwich itself.


    As you can see the bottom "stalagmite" would usually just spread out and create a little puddle but since it is refrigerator temperature inside the office the grease has cooled so rapidly that it has formed a mound.


    I pulled back a little on this photo to give perspective with a bit of my thumb in the shot. Notice the grease cooling off before it even leaves the bread, just hanging there. I should quit this lame ass job to become a photo journalist, well, not really. This little blog just might make me change my diet. Blah.


    Note: I took these shots with just my cell phone camera. Moto RAZR. Not bad for a cell phone, I think.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 5:48 PM  
    Blink It
    2 Comments:
    • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Blueyes said…

      you must work in the same kind of place as me because there isnt even any heat in this building just AC...we all have heaters under our desks and even that doesnt help sometimes.

       
    • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Me said…

      That sucks, we have not gone to get the heaters under the desk, yet, but might have to if it's not fixed soon. I feel for you.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com