The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Back Story
    Thursday, December 14, 2006

    I will start this count down with a bit of my back story.

    Nine months ago I was hired to fill a role at Company “B” that would have been a normal assent in my career. My former employer Company “A” had begun a quick and gruesome dismantling of the organization and it was at that time I knew that I need to look elsewhere in this industry to continue my climb to my ideal title. The biggest issue was that I was trying to jump departments. As with most industries you can’t obtain the job you would like unless you have some amount of experience. I had dutifully climbed the ranks in my own department at Company “A” and had made somewhat of a name for my self. There was not a single person in the chain that didn’t think I had what it took to make that transition and I was told on more than one occasion, and by senior level management, that as soon as a position opened up, I would be the one to fill it. It was at this same that the board members and Chief Officers of Company “A’s” parent company decided to dismantle our division. So with the help of more than one of the people who had been released from Company “A” I was recommended as a great candidate for the open position in Company “B”.

    Company “B” seemed like the typical development house that I had worked with at company “A”, but it was only a mater of days that I realized that this company was lacking any experienced professional staff, even more alarming was that I – yes, I – had the most experience in this industry at Company “B” and I started my new job by immediately putting out fires. Some of our clients are extremely high profile and it was only by lying to them that the sales department had originally been able to convince these clients that we could do the work. In the last 9 months I have spent 3 months traveling overseas to help oversee our projects and on my last trip (which lasted more than 6 weeks) I returned to my office where all but 2 of the 10 employees had been fired. The two remaining employees are me and my translator/ office assistant. I had a dark feeling of being back in Company “A” a year ago when the same thing began. Of the three major products that I had started working on 9 months ago I am currently left with one and since the lying sales team has been fired and I see no new projects coming in from HQ I can only determine that once I finish with my current project, it will ultimately be my last.

    So there are the quick and dirty details of my current situation. As the header of this blog states, I fill the majority of my time playing video games on my computer here in the office and writing blogs about nothing and treatments for T.V. shows. I’ve also begun outlining the idea for a movie and learning new computer programs. I get paid roughly $60K per year to come into an office and do what ever the hell I want to. What would you do with your time if you were in my situation? Yes, well, I have just about exhausted my self with sending out resumes and feel as though no one will be hiring someone with my credentials until after the New Year or even later into February. I also want to see how long I can really stretch out this pitiful existence as a paid video game player.

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by Me @ 6:59 PM  
    Blink It
    5 Comments:
    • At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      you are my hero

       
    • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Coding up a website would be a better way to use your time. Something to put on your resume that people would think you did in your spare time. Video games? Stupid choice.

       
    • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

      What would I do? I would quit being a lazy, good for nothing dipshit and call hq myself. I would explain the situation, how it needs to turn around, and how I am the man for the job. I would also explain what my expertise is worth to them. You see, I was in a similar situation as you years ago and within 8 months of coming to a mismanaged company I was the office manager getting paid the large salary. I turned the business around and enjoy the best job of my life now. Something tells me that years from now you'll still have the eeyore syndrome and keep a blog.

       
    • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Ben said…

      God bless you, man. This is exactly why I'm going into business for myself. Leave it to tha to suck the corporate dick and then PAY THEM for their troubles (via accepting a fraction of the profits as a salary).

      Game it up, bro.

       
    • At 8:23 PM, Blogger John J. Kaiser said…

      "I get paid roughly $60K per year to come into an office and do what ever the hell I want to."

      I so want to sign up for your job.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com