The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Another Day, Another...well, Day
    Thursday, January 11, 2007

    Well, here I am sitting in front of this bullshit computer screen doing bullshit work and telling "OAG" that I'm busy working on business proposals, outlining design documents, and forecasting revenue shares for the latest client project. Whatever, I've been sitting here for the last 2 to 3 months doing nothing but surfing the net and playing online and PC based games. I am at a point now where doing nothing is getting on my nerves. So, i started sending out resumes again I figure it's a new year and company fiscal cycles will be ending soon so there may be some new budgets that allow for new positions to open up. I do have an interview with a company tomorrow but it's just a conference call interview. The company is out of state and I would be willing to relocate but have to go over the details of it with the wife tonight. We'll see how that works out.

    As for Tuesdays meeting with our only client at the industry convention I drove 4 hours west to go meet him for lunch. I didn't have a pass to get into the convention as it was too expensive and the company would not pay for my pass so in my e-mail I told the client that I would meet him for lunch at one of the hotels. I get to the convention and give him a call, i get his voice mail but it is so full I can't even leave him a message. I call "OAG" and tell her to get on the phone to his office back on the west coast to try and get someone there to get a hold of him. An hour later he calls me and lets me know that he has 2 last minute meetings that he has to go to and could I meet him for drinks around 5:30. Shit! I drove 4 hours out there it's now noon and I have to sit around, with no convention pass, and bum around this crappy little city for 5 hours waiting for him. Then after that I'll have to drive 4 hours back home. This ends up being a 15 hour day and seems to me like the most work I've done for "Company B" in the last 3 weeks combined. Oh Well.

    So I spend the next 5 hours at a local strip club. Hey what would you do! I meet the client at 5:30 in his hotel and we go out for dinner. I explain to him that "Company B" is being bought by another company and that as long as they're ok with it the new company will just pick up where we left off. It should be seamless. Now, that's the VERY short version of this dinner but you get the idea. So, the client says he's fine with what I've told him so far but wants to be sure that there will be no interruption in production and that we now have to finalize the contract with the newly named company, a.k.a. "Company B With A New Shiny Name". However you look at this I feel like I worked a miracle by keeping the client calm about our hostile takeover, or bankruptcy, or what ever you want to call it. I told him everything that I knew up to this point but assured him that I'd be in control of the project and that it would be finished without a hitch. BULLSHIT! I should be in sales. Anyway, we now have to get the new representatives of "Company B With A New Shiny Name" to come over here to the U.S. and meet with me and "OAG" to see if we will have a job. Then we need to put them on a plane to the west coast to meet with our ONLY client and sign the contract. Again, we'll see how this goes. Looks like I'll be flying to the west coast next week.

    Till then...I'll be on My Space screwin off.

    Have fun at work!

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 4:41 PM  
    Blink It
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com