The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Not a Great Night
    Friday, January 19, 2007
    Last night during dinner I received a call from "OAG". She had just been on a conference call with the people from the new company, which I was unaware of, and she had some "News" for me. Apparently they want to go to the meeting next Tuesday on the west coast and discuss parts of the contract we're going to sign. All of this has been discussed between "OAG" and me many times and I have informed her that this might not be such a great idea due to the way we've handled production thus far and since we've already done work for them without a contract. There is no reason for me to believe that the client could decide that they no longer want to do business with us and just take the work we've already done and have it finished by someone else. Yes, i know that doing that would be unethical and that it is highly unlikely due to how high profile these people are; the last thing they want is a justified lawsuit from a pissant company like ours.

    "OAG" goes on to tell me everything they discussed during her conference and it sounds to me like she has not explained the reasons why they would not want to do this. It also sounds to me like "OAG" has been lying to me again about conferences and about what exactly has been said in all of these conferences. I feel as though, once again because of the "culture", she is unable to say "No" to certain things that the people from the new company are requesting. The whole "cultural" thing is to much to get into but i have already seen this happen and it is the basis for my current assumptions. And it is not like it is her saying no to people it is ME saying no, then giving explanations as to why we can't do certain things, and THEN giving follow-up plans to try things a different way. This does not matter, because of the "Culture" and the way things are done in HQ-land, because she is A)subordinate B)younger and C) a woman she can not even translate my reasons for saying NO. This has been the biggest fucking waste of my time when I have to deal with shit like this.

    I have even gone to the point of setting up deals and making arrangements with other companies to do work for us and then, after I have made these deals "OAG" tells me that HQ will not go through with it. She then does not tell them that I have already made the deal and that it will look bad for the company (AND ME) if we back out for no reason. This does not matter. I have done this twice now and have had my name pulled through the mud because of it.

    It even got so bad as "OAG" brow beating me, with the help of Mr Director Of Operations, into making a deal with one of those companies and then the rug gets pulled out from under me. I set up a deal with this company to do some work for us, she tells me that HQ thinks the price is too high so, can I get them to lower the price? I tell her that we have already had this company do exploratory work for us to make sure they were qualified to do it in the first place and we screwed them by A) not paying them for it and B) telling them if they did the work correctly (which they did) that they would get a butt load of future work. Now that the future work is here, I explain to the company that we have a payment coming to them (which is what I was told) and that we want to start sending them the future work that we promised. But now HQ expects the price they’ve quoted to do the work lowered dramatically and I'm the one who has to do the negotiating. So not only do i get the price lowered I get them to finish a week earlier than had been requested. All parties agree (at least I think) and we are to send over our production assets to them on the following Mon or Tues.

    On Monday I ask "OAG" about sending the production assets, she says she'll talk to HQ that night and we'd have it in the morning. I ask in the morning, she says that they have a "snag" and the assets would be sent that night and we would have it first thing the next morning. So I send an e-mail and let the company know we're a day behind and the representative over there tells me that it's not a problem and that they would still be on schedule as long as they get it the next day. Next morning: "OAG" do we have the assets? To this she replies: "No, well..., I talked to Mr Director of Operations on Monday night and he said he didn't want to go with this company and that he wanted to find a different company. “I HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO THIS THOUGHT and we have this company waiting for us to deliver”, i reply.

    And why didn't she tell me about this two days ago? Answer: Because she thought I'd be mad!

    Well I was, and this is yet just another reason for me not to feel bad about this blog and my utter lack of work for the last 3 months.

    Anyway, back to last night when “OAG” called during dinner. I begin to explain to her why I feel I can’t trust what is going on in HQ-land with any company because it seems like the same shit I have been dealing with while working with “Company B”. I feel as though that I say things and no one listens, I tell her that “Company B” tried to make a name for themselves in the US market and failed and I pointed out 3 instances where I made suggestions that were slapped down but it’s come to light that those suggestions would have been valuable. Now it seems that I’m making more suggestions to another company that wants to come over from HQ-land and make a name for them in the US market but will again fail if they do not learn from the mistakes made by “Company B”.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 4:14 PM  
    Blink It
    1 Comments:
    • At 9:26 PM, Blogger bmahfood said…

      Wow! Sounds like you are surrounded by idiots. I truly feel for you.

      http://barrysbest.blogspot.com
      http://thepriceofrice.blogspot.com

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com