The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Another Post From My Trip Overseas
    Friday, January 26, 2007
    Aug 17th - Day 24

    Well so much for writing every day. At least the one thing I have been able to do is make time for conference calls to the East and West coast, so I’m up till 1 or 2 am t talk to the home office, crash for 4 or 5 hours and I’m up the next morning at 6 or 7 to talk to the west coast. I have been working non-stop from day one. At least I have not had to travel for the last month and I’ve been in one place long enough to adjust to the surroundings. But I’d trade that to be at home with my big ass TV, comfy bed, and of course the wife.

    Not sure how long I’ll be working for this company now that the rumors are getting louder and louder. It is quite reminiscent of “Company A” a few months back when everyone was just waiting to find out when they were going to get shit canned. Well the same thing is going on here. People doing as little as possible while sending out resumes and making appointments for interviews. All the while I am stuck in the production office country not being able to do that. So I’ll get to walk back to the home office when I leave here and wonder if there will even be an office. If this is the case then I’m going to ask for this laptop. I’ve grown attached in some stupid way to it. Maybe because it has not left my side in the last month and prior to that I had it more than 70% of the time anyway. It comes with me everywhere. Every trip I’ve been on in the last 3 months it has been my trusty little friend. I even got it to talk to me. LOL that was a fun night, woo-hoo! Or should I say in l33t, w00t! Yeah I’m a geek. Fuck it, geeky me has done much better in life than the wanna-be-cool-rockstar-me ever did.

    My iPod broke and that has sucked ass. I have slowly been transferring my music file folders from the external hard drive I brought with me to the hard drive on this Mac so I can just plug in the headphones into the side of the computer to listen to the tunes at work. But, this has left me without the ability of listening to my music when taking cabs all over the place. That has been a real let down but it’s also made me start listening to the cabbies so within a few days I should have a few more words to add to vocabulary, there is an upside to it. The plane ride back to the States is going to blow without it but from what I’ve heard it’s not going to be easy to travel into the States from other countries right now with electronics or liquids. This should be fun but it’s still a few weeks away.

    There were some cool lightning storms a few nights ago, I sat in the hotel and watched as I learned a new application on this Mac. Reminded me of Alabama in the spring as it was hot and humid and the lightning seemed to arc across from cloud to cloud. That is my life wasting away in this fucking hotel room night after night. Trying to make the best of it but longing to return to my own bed, and pillow. Can’t wait to see what happens to the office when I get back.

    Labels: , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 9:38 PM  
    Blink It
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com