The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • More of a chess match
    Thursday, December 21, 2006

    So “Office Assistant Girl” (O.A.G) and I had a conversation this morning about our “Former boss/ US VP” and a conversation that he had two days ago with a representative from a major sports group that we have a license with. “O.A.G.” is friends with the representative and got the story from him because he was asking her if he “Was off his medication” because no one in their right mind would act this way during a business conversation. From this point on I will refer to this former boss as “Dickboy” because he is the most retarded and useless man I’ve had the displeasure of working for. Some quick stories of Dickboy:

    Story#1:

    While I was on a business trip to “Country A” he called me from the HQ country and requested I come to HQ and give a presentation on the state of affairs at the production office in “Country A”. Now I don’t speak the HQ Country language and he is VERY well aware of this. I pack up with a days notice and travel to HQ Country. I get to the airport in HQ country where I am greeted by…NO ONE! Unfortunately my business cards were all printed in English and when presenting the HQ address to cab drivers I would get shoulder shrugs and waved off. After 2 hours of sitting on the curb I finally found a phone number to a colleague that I knew in HQ country who also worked for our company. I called him up let him know the situation and he let me know I was about 2 hours away from him but he’d talk to a cabbie and get me to him. I handed my cell phone to the cabbie and had this colleague talk to the cabbie and arrived in HQ City 2 hours later. I then had him use his company credit card to get me a hotel because yet again Dickboy made no living arrangements for me; he just told me to get there and did nothing else full well knowing that he had asked me to come to HQ Country and stay for 4 days. He also had left HQ Country the day before I had arrived so I had no way of yelling at him until I got back to the US. When I confronted him about leaving me in that situation he just laughed and said well you made it out ok right, don’t be mad.

    Story #2

    Another Dickboy move: I called the US office to get some info from one of the former sales guys. When I called, “O.A.G.” answered and she sounded sad so I asked, “are you ok” to which she said yes and quickly passed me off to Sales Guy. I asked Sales Guy what was up and he told me that Dickboy had yelled and screamed at O.A.G. for “Not having a pleasant phone voice”! He yelled at this girl and made her cry because he thought she did not have a “Pleasant phone voice”

    Story#3

    Last summer Dickboy though that web based video games would be an easy major money maker so he hired a web developer to start making games. WE DON”T MAKE VIDEO GAMES. (as much as I’d like to, we don’t) This was in no way anything that our company does; Dickboy thought it would make a lot of money so he just decided to hire people. No research, no business plan, no conversation with the rest of us as to how we could make it work, he just decided and did it. The whole time this guy was here he was like “So, what do you guys do? Why am I here? Is the company changing its strategy?” this lasted all of one month and when the guy didn’t have a working game making money for us in this one month time span Dickboy fired him for…get this… “incompetence”!

    I could go on about how Dickboy has single handedly ruined this office and put me in the position I’m in right now. But, just when I thought he could fuck up no more, he goes and does this. The conversation “O.A.G.” and I had this morning was about his latest major blunder.


    At some point last year (2005) Dickboy purchased a major sports license for use in our HQ Country. This license has nothing to do with any of the products that my US office is now or ever has been associated with. But because we have to pay yearly on this license Dickboy thought he had found a way out of paying for it. (Now seriously, Dickboy came over from HQ Country to the US and got an MBA at a mid-west university, you would think just by having the undergrad degree that he’d have at least one ounce of common sense. He is the stupidest man I have ever met with his amount of power!) So his way of getting out of the major sports license payment, he called the US representative that he negotiated the deal with and told him that we could not pay the fee because the US office was going bankrupt!

    1) The US office has nothing to do with this license

    2) “O.A.G.” and I had no idea about this bankrupt issue.

    3) Dickboy called “O.A.G” last week and asked what the contract stated about bankruptcy and of course “O.A.G.” did not tell me about this so I had no idea this was coming.

    4) Had she told me about this I would have mentioned to Dickboy my past experience with this major sports company because I had worked with them at my previous company “Company A”.

    5) When the sports company rep. informed Dickboy of a potential lawsuit, Dickboy nonchalantly said “HE DID NOT CARE!” He apparently said “Go ahead, we don’t have the money anyway.”

    6) I guarantee no one at HQ knows about this.

    7) When this sports company sues us they will, take control of all company assets and then sell them off to recoup their losses. I’ve seen them do it before.

    The thing that really kills me about this is that Dickboy initiated this call! As we all know major companies like this will have to get back from the holidays, send out the invoice, and then give a grace period for the payment to come in. Had Dickboy just sat on his ass and not paid the bill we would not have heard anything from the sports people until March at the earliest and maybe even as late as May.

    Fuck them all…I’m playing games!

    Have fun at work. :)

    posted by Me @ 1:45 PM  
    Blink It
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com