The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Good times had by all.
    Wednesday, December 20, 2006

    I found out last night prior to “Office Assistant Girl” leaving for the night that, HQ has requested that we begin to sell all of the office furniture that we are not currently using. Now, keep in mind at one point we had 10 people working here and now it’s just “O.A.G.” and me. The office space seemed to be too big for just two of us and it’s like living in a creepy old huge house that no one visits. So we started posting the furniture on CraigsList.org and some other CL type sites yesterday. I have been interrupted (interrupted from playing one of my PC games J ) about every 25 minutes to answer calls about the furniture because it’s like a freaking fire sale.

    We have also been asked by HQ to look into getting rid of the company cars. These are thecompany cars that had been given to me to use as part of my “promotion package”. Yeah sure, and I’ll have a job in a month, whatever. This is the kind of shit that makes me say “You know what, I don’t care that I’m not doing shit for your company” fuck these guys, now it’s just a chess game for me. Do I get canned once the final project gets completed or are they going to release me prior to that and just back out of the contract that we have with the last remaining client? What will be the grounds for my dismissal and how long are they going to wait to do it. I have a sneaking suspicion that they've already got this in the works and are waiting for the holidays to be over. Neither situation will surprise me.

    Until then…Screw you guys, I’m playing games!

    Labels: , , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 5:29 PM  
    Blink It
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com