The Count Down To My Own Demise

I have, for the last 9 months, been employed by company "B". I am in a remote office far from the HQ and have the feeling that they will be shutting down my office once my final project is finished. I have been doing as little as possible to maintain my employed status and fill most of my days playing video games and writing blogs to fill my time. This blog will be a running daily diary of my life until I am fired. I refuse to quit. Let’s see how long I can go.

 
My BlogLog Readers

Other Affiliates

Blogs Of Note

  • Barry's Best 2007
  • The Price of Rice!
  • Central FL Real Estate News
  • Natural Deficiency
  • rilah rumbles
  • Not Much Going On
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007

    I've done about the normal 45 minutes to an hour of work each day for the past two days, nothing exciting. This is usually made up of checking my e-mail, filling in a few measly reports and updating a document or two. I then sit around, either online or playing a game, waiting for a conference call to the HQ which is thousands of miles away. During the conference calls I have to reiterate the exact same thing I've been explaining all fucking day to "OAG", who has to translate all of this. She will then ask me questions that HQ is asking, but these are questions she has already asked me during the day. Really. She has already asked me THE EXACT SAME THING DURING THE DAY but continues to ask again because someone in an office thousands of miles away has asked her and now she needs to hear it again. I hate her.

    I have gone to the lengths of asking her why she continues to ask me the same questions to which she replies, "Well, i just want to make sure you didn't change your mind. It's not like she asked me something once in passing, she usually asks me about one topic and asks many...MANY questions about it and I am good enough to understand that English is not her native language and if she seems confused about something I will re-phrase it so it's a little bit clearer. This has no effect. I GET THE SAME QUESTIONS. I hate her.

    Last night at 7 pm while I was driving home (IN TRAFFIC!) she decide to call and ask me about a scheduling chart I had created (3 months ago). She was asking about one section of it where I had explained what products our services had to be developed for. She continued to tell me what section of the chart she needed to know about and i said "yes I know what section you’re asking about" but she never asked a question. I had to tell her that I needed to know what she wanted and she insisted that she already HAD explained to me what she wanted. To this I had to ask her to ask me her question in a different way. She then USED THE SAME exact WORDS IN A DIFFERENT ORDER. This went on for 20 MINUTES! I had explained to her each time that I still had no idea what she wanted and she decided that I was trying to make her upset. I then began (STILL IN TRAFFIC) to question what part of the schedule she was looking at and to read the schedule off line-by-line so I could understand where she was and what she was getting at. By doing this she answered the question herself because the answer was IN THE SCHEDULE! She realizes this, tells me about it and says simply “ok, bye. Have a good night.” Again, I hate her.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

    posted by Me @ 9:21 PM  
    Blink It
    1 Comments:
    • At 10:13 AM, Blogger LeBlanc said…

      Dude, I think I hate her too. Yikes, how do people survive in this world without people like us holding their hands?

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    Add to Google

    Subscribe to "The Count Down To My Own Demise" by Email


    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

    I heart FeedBurner

    © The Count Down To My Own Demise .Template by Isnaini Dot Com